1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.7 k1500 Engine

Old April 23rd 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Chris[_19_]

Default 1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.7 k1500 Engine

Does anyone know where I could find an engine for my 97 Chevy
silverado 4x4 5.7 k1500?

I can't find any used engines in my area. I would get a crate motor,
but kinna tight for money right now.

Thanks

Old April 23rd 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
maxwedge[_23_]

Any good salvage yard is networked all over the country, I am sure they
can get an engine, condition is the issue.

--
maxwedge
maxwedge's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...p?userid=19971

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old April 24th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kruse

On Apr 23, 5:25 pm, maxwedge >
wrote:
> Any good salvage yard is networked all over the country, I am sure they
> can get an engine, condition is the issue.

And the shipping on a condition-unknown motor will be? The OP said
money was tight.

Old April 24th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
maxwedge[_24_]

The shipping is included in the price to the salvage yard, this is still
much less then a new engine. What is the cheaper alternative by the way?

Old April 27th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Chris[_19_]

On Apr 23, 9:14 pm, Kruse > wrote:
> On Apr 23, 5:25 pm, maxwedge >
> wrote:
>
> > Any good salvage yard is networked all over the country, I am sure they
> > can get an engine, condition is the issue.

> And the shipping on a condition-unknown motor will be? The OP said
> money was tight.

I am in the central IL area, all the salvage yards I have called said
they can't keep those motors. Go like crazy. They say it would be real
hard to catch one.