Solution to noisy vehicles

Old March 14th 05, 10:56 PM
Motorhead Lawyer

Furious George wrote:
> Motorhead Lawyer wrote:
> > Furious George wrote:

> > > Why would any of that stuff matter? It either emits noise

> pollution
> > or
> > > it does not. If it emits noise pollution then ticket it.

Humidity
> > is
> > > not a valid excuse.

> > OK. Define "noise pollution" for us, ****forbrains.

> It's either unpleasantly loud or it isn't. If it is too loud, then

no
> one really cares why it's too loud.

*Sheesh* - here we go again:

Define "unpleasantly loud" for us, SFB. A nice firm definition that'll
hold up in court, if you don't mind.
--
Ol' C.R.

Old March 14th 05, 11:00 PM
Motorhead Lawyer

Big Bill wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:26:29 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> > wrote:
>
> >Many communities already have restrictions
> >on the use of air brakes in residential neighborhoods, so it's not

like
> >there's no precedent.

> No, they don't.
> They have restrictions on exhaust brakes, often known as "Jake
> Brakes".
> Air brakes are entirely different.

Correct. And, what I see in many communities is a stupidly misguided
sign that says, "Engine Braking Prohibited". Anybody want to guess
what I do as I roll by that one in my BMW? On my Shadow? =;^)
--
Ol' C.R.

Old March 14th 05, 11:06 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Motorhead Lawyer wrote:

> Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

> > CR, I wonder if you take language and attitude like this into court
> > and/or staff meetings.

> Only the attitude. I know how to call someone a ****forbrains politely.
> It's just way shorter and somewhat more entertaining this way. You *do
> not* want me to start writing like a lawyer does here ...

I do! I do!

> "Staff meetings"? What's that?

Apparently, young Mr. Bowman thinks you're an underling at Lawfirm and
Lawfirm, Inc.

Old March 15th 05, 12:41 AM
Nate Nagel

Motorhead Lawyer wrote:

> Big Bill wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:26:29 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:
>>

>>>Many communities already have restrictions
>>>on the use of air brakes in residential neighborhoods, so it's not

> like
>
>>>there's no precedent.

>>No, they don't.
>>They have restrictions on exhaust brakes, often known as "Jake
>>Brakes".
>>Air brakes are entirely different.

> Correct. And, what I see in many communities is a stupidly misguided
> sign that says, "Engine Braking Prohibited". Anybody want to guess
> what I do as I roll by that one in my BMW? On my Shadow? =;^)
> --
> Ol' C.R.

Downshift? <G>

nate

(snap crackle pop)

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old March 15th 05, 02:59 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Motorhead Lawyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...

<snip>

> We're still waiting for *your* definition - (Dare I say it?) - with
> *bated* breath.
> --
> Ol' C.R.
> (*Baits* another trap)

Please don't say you don't know the difference between 'bated' and baited'.

Old March 15th 05, 03:01 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Motorhead Lawyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
>>
>> Here we have a comparatively easy job: motor vehicles operating on a

> road,
>> not to exceed this particular decibel level in normal,

> well-maintained
>> operation.

> Just because I didn't check in for a few days doesn't mean I *won't*.
>
> You still persist in *ignoring* my experience-based assertion that many
> factors that are *not* easily controlled, especially in field testing,
> affect noise readings. The same identical vehicle could pass one day
> and fail the next. So how do you propose to *fix* that?

Okay, I'll make it simple. A Honda Accord revved to 3500 rpms is not going
to make as much noise as a Harley at idle. Do you see where we are going
with this, C.R.? Or do you want more detail?

Old March 15th 05, 03:03 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Motorhead Lawyer" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Big Bill wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:26:29 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Many communities already have restrictions
>> >on the use of air brakes in residential neighborhoods, so it's not

> like
>> >there's no precedent.

>> No, they don't.
>> They have restrictions on exhaust brakes, often known as "Jake
>> Brakes".
>> Air brakes are entirely different.

> Correct. And, what I see in many communities is a stupidly misguided
> sign that says, "Engine Braking Prohibited". Anybody want to guess
> what I do as I roll by that one in my BMW? On my Shadow? =;^)

I don't know what you do, but I could take a stab at what you don't do: give
a crap about the neighborhood residents who might be sensitive to excess
noise; hence the sign.

Actually, I think you do give a crap: "How can I annoy as many people as
possible and come off as having the mentality of a 15 year-old boy at the
same time?"