Best bang for buck on rotors and pads?

Old August 12th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

Default Best bang for buck on rotors and pads?

In article >,
Lanny Chambers > wrote:

> > Also, didn't your car hit 140,000 miles like 3 years ago? Don't you
> > drive that thing anymore? ;-)

Update: I just checked, and the current mileage is 142,900.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old August 14th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Well Lanny, it IS going to last forever then! I'd love to greatly reduce the
# of miles I put on my 99, limiting it to the fun stuff because frankly, I
would love for this thing to last forever for me! Unfortunately, at >20k /
yr and over 90k now, that probably won't happen. Having just done the major
service, I guess I'm in for a few more good years (hopefully).

Chris
99BBB

Old August 15th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

Pat,

In 2001 I bought rebuilt front calipers for the '90 at Autozone for $41
each. Time and brake size may affect that price. Keep in mind, I only
bought them because the originals were leaking. Probably had been for months
before I found them while doing a brake job.

BTW, competing with Lanny, I've put 400 miles on my '97 since January 12. I
ride my bike to work, drive the Subie to the cabin and spend way too much
time working on an old house on weekends rather than going for fun drives.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway