Cd stuck in player won't come out...

Old October 17th 04, 01:52 AM
clutch

Default Cd stuck in player won't come out...

Have a '93 with a Bose Gold head unit but a cd is stuck in the player any
suggestions on getting it out?

Old October 17th 04, 05:26 AM
Jon Smith

I have a 92 and mine did the same thing three times. That is, I had it
fixed three times. There are few available to buy so if you want to
spend the money you will have to send it out to get repaired. I finally
went with aftermarket.

Old October 17th 04, 05:26 AM
Jon Smith

Old October 17th 04, 11:14 PM
CardsFan

"clutch" > wrote in message
> Have a '93 with a Bose Gold head unit but a cd is stuck in the player any
> suggestions on getting it out?

Been there. This used to work sometimes for me:

Turn off the stereo.
Turn off the ignition.
Restart the engine.
Turn on the stereo, and immediately hit the CD eject button.

Eventually I replaced the Bose and the speakers with aftermarket, and I'm
much happier. Kept the old stuff for a purist in the event I ever sell this
car, but I have no intention of selling it.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old October 17th 04, 11:14 PM
CardsFan

Old October 18th 04, 01:19 AM
Dad

"CardsFan" > wrote in message
> "clutch" > wrote in message
>> Have a '93 with a Bose Gold head unit but a cd is stuck in the player any
>> suggestions on getting it out?

> Been there. This used to work sometimes for me:
>
> Turn off the stereo.
> Turn off the ignition.
> Restart the engine.
> Turn on the stereo, and immediately hit the CD eject button.
>
> Eventually I replaced the Bose and the speakers with aftermarket, and I'm
> much happier. Kept the old stuff for a purist in the event I ever sell
> this car, but I have no intention of selling it.
>
> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

A purest that wants a C4? I guess it could happen. Then to I guess that both
candidates could be telling us the truth. This sure is a great country, just
about anything can happen.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 18th 04, 01:19 AM
Dad

Old October 18th 04, 01:45 AM
CardsFan

"Dad" > wrote in message
> "CardsFan" > wrote in message
>> "clutch" > wrote in message
>>> Have a '93 with a Bose Gold head unit but a cd is stuck in the player
>>> any
>>> suggestions on getting it out?

>> Been there. This used to work sometimes for me:
>>
>> Turn off the stereo.
>> Turn off the ignition.
>> Restart the engine.
>> Turn on the stereo, and immediately hit the CD eject button.
>>
>> Eventually I replaced the Bose and the speakers with aftermarket, and I'm
>> much happier. Kept the old stuff for a purist in the event I ever sell
>> this car, but I have no intention of selling it.
>>
>> AJM
>> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

> A purest that wants a C4? I guess it could happen.

One man's treasure is another man's garbage, I guess. After giving it a lot
of thought, I decided I wanted a car with a few more of the modern amenities
than most C3's came with, and in any event I wouldn't have considered a C3
from the years after all the emissions stuff was added. The budget wouldn't
touch a C5 or a C2. That left the C4, and the 40th anniv. was my favorite
from those. I must have done something right because the car does get a lot
of compliments. I admit now that I might have waited awhile and saved some
more coin and tried to find a Grand Sport.

> Then to I guess that both candidates could be telling us the truth. This
> sure is a great country, just about anything can happen.

Yes. It is a great country, and the republic will survive regardless of the
outcome of the election.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old October 18th 04, 01:45 AM
CardsFan

Old October 18th 04, 02:58 AM
Dad

"CardsFan" > wrote in message
>>> Turn off the stereo.
>>> Turn off the ignition.
>>> Restart the engine.
>>> Turn on the stereo, and immediately hit the CD eject button.
>>>
>>> Eventually I replaced the Bose and the speakers with aftermarket, and
>>> I'm much happier. Kept the old stuff for a purist in the event I ever
>>> sell this car, but I have no intention of selling it.
>>>
>>> AJM
>>> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

>> A purest that wants a C4? I guess it could happen.

> One man's treasure is another man's garbage, I guess. After giving it a
> lot of thought, I decided I wanted a car with a few more of the modern
> amenities than most C3's came with, and in any event I wouldn't have
> considered a C3 from the years after all the emissions stuff was added.
> The budget wouldn't touch a C5 or a C2. That left the C4, and the 40th
> anniv. was my favorite from those. I must have done something right
> because the car does get a lot of compliments. I admit now that I might
> have waited awhile and saved some more coin and tried to find a Grand
> Sport.
>
>> Then to I guess that both candidates could be telling us the truth. This
>> sure is a great country, just about anything can happen.

> Yes. It is a great country, and the republic will survive regardless of
> the outcome of the election.
>
> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Good point, an injected engine in the C3 would make for the best combination
but by then you can be driving a good C4. Having put hundreds of thousands
of miles on a C1 it didn't even come into consideration and the C2 is just
priced out of reason plus they were the worst Corvettes I ever owned. Most
would not be the problems they were when they were new anyhow, 40 years
should have fixed most of the poor quality that came from the factory.

Back on subject, isn't there any over ride eject hole, slot, or some kind of
trip on the CD like there is on a CD drive on a computer?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

DVD player Milwana BMW 0 December 22nd 04 08:44 PM
Factory M3 CD/mp3 player help Wingman BMW 3 November 26th 04 09:52 AM
Stuck Thermostat Jeff Strickland BMW 4 November 24th 04 02:42 PM
stuck windows ..not a fuse Sandor2121 BMW 3 November 17th 04 01:01 AM
96 A6 blower regulation flaps gets stuck? (stays cold / warm / whatever) kons Audi 4 July 7th 04 11:29 PM