leaking crank pulley

Old October 13th 04, 10:19 PM
Thomas Malmevik

Default leaking crank pulley

On Sun, 11 Oct 2004, Braukuche wrote:

>> The key question is what is
>>> good "stock" pulley? A junkyard German one
>>> or is the Mexican one<

> There is nothing wrong witht he Mexican ones, definately better than a worn
> German one which can cause a leak.
> --Dan E

Have to ask. Would not the seal also be suspect if there is an
oilleak behind the pulley??

--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik

Old October 13th 04, 10:40 PM
Chris Perdue

>From: Thomas Malmevik

>Have to ask. Would not the seal also be suspect if there is an
>oilleak behind the pulley??

there is no seal on the pulley end of the crank on an aircooled type 1
engine...unless a "sand seal" has been added(they also use a special machined
pulley)

-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
Old October 14th 04, 12:39 AM
Kafertoys

>http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/disaster/m.jpg

nice pic Travis , I have a customer tring to buy a house so he is selling his
70 baja for $1500 nice shape runs good just needs a camo paint job.

Mario

Old October 14th 04, 02:35 AM
Tim Rogers

"Kafertoys" > wrote in message

> nice pic Travis , I have a customer tring to buy a house so he is selling

his
> 70 baja for $1500 nice shape runs good just needs a camo paint job.

..................He better not leave it at your shop or he'll be renting for
a long time.

Old October 14th 04, 03:42 AM
Kafertoys

>.................He better not leave it at your shop or he'll be renting for
>a long time.

LOL timmy its you that needs to be the comedian

if f not try growing up.

Mario
Old October 14th 04, 03:51 AM
Tim Rogers

"Kafertoys" > wrote in message

> LOL timmy its you that needs to be the comedian
>
> if f not try growing up.

..............If you'll stop lying and stealing, I'll get to work on becoming
more mature. At 54, I'm at about the right age for it.

Old October 14th 04, 09:56 AM
Jan

Tim Rogers wrote:

> "Kafertoys" > wrote in message
> >
> > LOL timmy its you that needs to be the comedian
> >
> > if f not try growing up.
> >

> .............If you'll stop lying and stealing, I'll get to work on becoming
> more mature. At 54, I'm at about the right age for it.

No no no, way too early.
I plan on skipping that part entirely.

Grow OLD, yes.
Grow UP, no way! Where's the fun in that?

Jan
Old October 14th 04, 02:05 PM
Kafertoys

>Grow OLD, yes.
>Grow UP, no way! Where's the fun in that?
>
>Jan

I with you Jan, I like playing with cars for a lining.

Mario
Old October 14th 04, 03:58 PM
Kidd Andersson

>I with you Jan, I like playing with cars for a lining.
>
>Mario

Umm..................... heh. Nevermind. I give up.

Kidd
What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A
northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts
with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this ****..."

Remove crank pulley '91 Stealth? B Dodge 1 January 28th 05 01:42 AM
Leaking exhaust Ulf BMW 10 December 10th 04 05:12 PM
stupid crank pulley bolt disallow Honda 3 October 6th 04 09:32 AM