Old Car Pictures

Old September 26th 03, 04:48 AM
Jack Ferman

Default Old Car Pictures

I have a project to identify old family photos. Some include portions of
cars behind people, most are in not good focus, many are faded. So I am
looking for pictures of old cars that show enought detail of things like
grills, hood ornaments, wheel spokes, tires, window shapes, head and tail
lights, door handles, and other ornamentation.

Is a cabriolet the same as our conveertible? What is a Brougham.

The make & models I want pictures of a
1922, 1924, 1925 Ford Coupe - these would be T Models
1926 Star Coupe and 1928 Star Cabriolet
1928 Durant Brougham
1930 Chev 6 Coupe
1932 Chrysler 6 Sedan
1936 Oldsmobile F37
1939 Pontiac Sedan
1941 Oldsmobile 6

Send any ideas to Thanks
Old September 26th 03, 03:36 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jack Ferman wrote:

> Is a cabriolet the same as our conveertible?

Sort of. They have fold-down tops, but the term originally meant a two-seater
(no rear seat).

> What is a Brougham.

A car with a closed compartment for the passengers and an open area for the
driver.

Both terms were originally applied to horse-drawn carraiges.

Try searching Yahoo. For example, enter +36 +Oldsmobile +F37 in the search
window. When you do, you will find that there isn't one. It appears that
Oldsmobile labeled the cars with the year; that is, an F37 is a 1937 car, and
a 1936 Olds would be an F36. Have fun!

George Patterson
The British drink warm beer because they all own Lucas refrigerators.
Old September 26th 03, 04:21 PM
Hennie van Dalen

"G.R. Patterson III" > schreef in bericht
> > What is a Brougham.

> A car with a closed compartment for the passengers and an open area for

the
> driver.

The opposite of a Brougham is called "landaulette" where the driver has a
closed compartment, and the passengers have a convertible section.

--
Hennie van Dalen
www.chello.nl/~h.vandalen11

Old September 26th 03, 05:47 PM
Jack Ferman

In article >, "G.R. Patterson III"
> wrote:

> Jack Ferman wrote:
> >
> > Is a cabriolet the same as our conveertible?

> Sort of. They have fold-down tops, but the term originally meant a two-seater
> (no rear seat).
>
> > What is a Brougham.

> A car with a closed compartment for the passengers and an open area for the
> driver.
>
> Both terms were originally applied to horse-drawn carraiges.
>
> Try searching Yahoo. For example, enter +36 +Oldsmobile +F37 in the search
> window. When you do, you will find that there isn't one. It appears that
> Oldsmobile labeled the cars with the year; that is, an F37 is a 1937 car, and
> a 1936 Olds would be an F36. Have fun!

George's reply promted me to go look more closely at my dad's trypewritten
records; found that he had purchased the Olds on Dec 24, 1936. I suppose
that would mean it was a 1937 model year. Anyone know when the industry
started a new model year in the autumn and was it fairly universal?

Old November 19th 03, 08:38 AM
Jonno

Try alt.binaries.pictures.autos