Ghetto Marketing by Ford

Old September 15th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lab~rat >:-)

Default Ghetto Marketing by Ford

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 05:18:22 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> puked:

>I do NOT buy something because the ad campaign is good... I buy something
>because I
>
>A): need it
>
>and
>
>B): feel that it is a good product sold at fair price with good after sales
>service....
>
>It is those that buy because they feel good about a ****ing commercial that
>have no freaking idea.....
>
>"I buy this kind of ice cream because a hot brunette stole one from a guy in
>a commercial"... "I buy that kind of aftershave because a dork is surrounded
>by babes in the commercial"... "I buy that kind of insurance because a cute
>little lizard might babysit my kids"....
>
>Jayzus - get a grip!!!
>
>A buying decision borne of a commercial or ad campaign that someone likes is
>a poor buying decision. But, I guess that if you can't tell **** from
>shinola, a slick ad is all you have left.
>
>I can picture it now.... I was going to buy a Ford F150 because you never
>know when you might want to hang it in mid-air by the box bolts - but now I
>see that some punk rocker kinda guy might want to hang HIS F150 in mid-air
>by the box bolts, I don't think I want one.... If you want an F150 and
>believe it is the truck that will serve you well, you will buy one - even if
>PeeWee Herman bought one the same colour....
>
>News flash..... ugly brunettes steal ice cream cones, too (worse yet, NO
>brunette might steal your cone).... good looking guys that use that
>aftershave are lonely... and we're not sure that the cute little lizard
>isn't a pedophile.....

My point is that I had a shortlist of vehicles, and that ad turned me
away from the Ford product. Maybe I realized I didn't need a truck
right now on my own, but in my mind that commercial helped me realize
it.

It is VERY obnoxious.
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old September 15th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lab~rat >:-)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:51:34 GMT, "John C." > puked:

>"lab~rat >:-)" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I was wondering if it was a regional thing or a nationwide ad. It
>> really shows the power of advertising, since I scrapped the idea of
>> buying an F150 after seeing the posse of sub-literate shills rapping
>> and using the phrase 'flash your grille'.
>>
>> I can't imagine that's a nationwide ad, please tell me Ford has more
>> sense than S. Florida...

>Sorry, I'm afraid it's playing up in Boston.
>
>No worse than D/Cs "Thet thang got a HEMI!?" ads, with the trailer park duo.

Bad news for me is I can relate to that one better.
Old September 15th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lab~rat >:-)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 02:17:34 GMT, Joe > puked:

:

>> I was wondering if it was a regional thing or a nationwide ad. It
>> really shows the power of advertising, since I scrapped the idea of
>> buying an F150 after seeing the posse of sub-literate shills rapping
>> and using the phrase 'flash your grille'.
>>
>> I can't imagine that's a nationwide ad, please tell me Ford has more
>> sense than S. Florida...
>> --
>> lab~rat >:-)
>> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

>I want to throw a brick through the TV when that damn ad comes on.
>First it was "Rad It Lak A Foad" now it's metal mouth idiots. Makes me
>want to puke.

They went from that "It isn't a toy" Mustang ad to that?
Old September 15th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

Jim,
Would it not be following the SAME logic - if the projected demographic saw
the ad, they DID buy the truck?

Just hitting the ball back over the net atcha.
¦¬)

Kate

Old September 15th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

"lab~rat >:-)" > wrote
*snip*
> My point is that I had a shortlist of vehicles, and that ad turned me
> away from the Ford product. Maybe I realized I didn't need a truck
> right now on my own, but in my mind that commercial helped me realize
> it.
>
> It is VERY obnoxious.
> --
> lab~rat >:-)
> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

So quit bitching about it and go gripe at FORD about it..
If you don't like it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Unless you tell THEM tha tthey are getting on your last nerve they are going
to continue the marketing without knowing that some people find it
repulsive.

Kate

Old September 15th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

**HUGE SLAP ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD**

Whoops, meant to pat you on the back there - my bad.

heh heh heh

Kate
99 F two fitty
06 RhoobeeKahn

Old September 16th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

"Kate" > wrote in
:

> "lab~rat >:-)" > wrote
> *snip*
>> My point is that I had a shortlist of vehicles, and that ad turned me
>> away from the Ford product. Maybe I realized I didn't need a truck
>> right now on my own, but in my mind that commercial helped me realize
>> it.
>>
>> It is VERY obnoxious.
>> --
>> lab~rat >:-)
>> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

> So quit bitching about it and go gripe at FORD about it..
> If you don't like it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
>
> Unless you tell THEM tha tthey are getting on your last nerve they are
> going to continue the marketing without knowing that some people find
> it repulsive.
>
> Kate

Kate, if you ever saw that ad you'd be bitching a mean streak as well.
That ad and the ones preceding it (the SoFla ones) are the epitome of
ghetto marketing. Put 22" Dubs on a car that's worth half as much as
the wheels, remove the shocks to get that "bouncy" look, add the
mandatory fart can muffler, etc. etc. It's just so _wrong_.

If those ads are coming from corporate, then Ford really does need to
die.
Old September 16th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

"lab~rat >:-)" > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 02:17:34 GMT, Joe > puked:
>
>>"lab~rat >:-)" > wrote in
m:

>>> I was wondering if it was a regional thing or a nationwide ad. It
>>> really shows the power of advertising, since I scrapped the idea of
>>> buying an F150 after seeing the posse of sub-literate shills rapping
>>> and using the phrase 'flash your grille'.
>>>
>>> I can't imagine that's a nationwide ad, please tell me Ford has more
>>> sense than S. Florida...
>>> --
>>> lab~rat >:-)
>>> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

>>I want to throw a brick through the TV when that damn ad comes on.
>>First it was "Rad It Lak A Foad" now it's metal mouth idiots. Makes

me
>>want to puke.

> They went from that "It isn't a toy" Mustang ad to that?
> --
> lab~rat >:-)
> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

I don't remember that one, which is a good thing. Freakin' pimps.
Old September 17th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Paul[_2_]

at 16 Sep 2006, ZombyWoof ] wrote in
:

> I recently saw an Ad for the Shelby where they are off-loading one
> at the docks in Germany. The German Longshoreman says "What's a
> matter couldn't find a German car you liked?" The guy responds "No,
> I could find a speed limit I liked in America." Who knows if it
> will be effective.

I saw that commercial. And I love it! Wish I could afford to buy a
helby GT 500 and ship it to Germany so I could really let it enjoy
itself on the autobahn. Not to mention letting me greatly enjoy myself.
It'd be worth the $6 a gallon gas over there.

Haven't seen the ghetto F150 commercial yet and I hoep I won't. Does
not sound like a commercial I would enjoy watching.

One of the best recent Ford commercials in my view is still the one for
the 05 Mustang Convertible.

--
_ 2005 Mustang V6 Convertible (Mineral Grey)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)

Old September 18th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lab~rat >:-)

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:22:44 GMT, "My Names Nobody" >
puked:

>"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
>> My Names Nobody wrote:
>>> "Jim Warman" > wrote in message

>>> So are you trying to say you think big corporations **** those millions
>>> of dollars away for nothing?
>>>

>> Actually I think it's more like... Those of us with more than a few
>> working brain cells are not much swayed by fancy advertising.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "Trespassing on private computer networks through
>> intentional misrepresentation is an activity that
>> merits no First Amendment protection" - Judge James W. Haley Jr.

>And, Those of us with more than a few working brain cells are in the
>minority, like it or not.

Bottom line is that advertising is a multi billion dollar industry in
the US, and anyone that thinks that advertising does not appeal to ALL
people and at the same time represent a product the way the seller
intends it to be represented is a fool and doesn't have the brain
capacity to intelligently comment.