clean glass inside

Old January 2nd 05, 12:37 AM

Default clean glass inside

I washed and waxed my 2003 GLI today. Then I used Rain-X Glass Wipes
on the outside glass. Imo, the Wipes do a very good job of improving
water shedding. I would like to use a good glass treatment on the
inside, too, but I have not looked for any. I don't smoke, but some
kind of film builds up on the inside glass. Can anyone tell me what a
good inside window cleaner is, or will I be using a generic Windex
again?

I saw a little falling snow early Christmas morn as I crossed the
eastern continental divide, but no other falling snow. The roads were
dry, very light traffic, and I did not see one patrol car. The stock
17" wheels/tires gave zero noticeable vibration at a quite high speed.
Smooth as glass.
Red
Old January 2nd 05, 12:48 AM
Rob Guenther

A bit of windex on a paper towel to clean the glass works, but even the
anti-streak will leave you with a film... Polish the whole glass area with a
clean cotton towel (preferably as soft as possible and one that doesn't
"shed" the little fibres). I find polishing the glass at night with the
porch lights or a street light shinning though gives you the best results,
as you can more easily see the streaking you are trying to get rid of.... I
did it during the day once and it looked good, but there were swirl marks
everywhere.

I find just cleaning all the windows with a wet (tho thoroughly squeezed to
remove excess water) chamois works great, even the windsheild usually
doesn't need polishing.

Old January 2nd 05, 12:48 AM
Rob Guenther

Old January 2nd 05, 07:43 AM
ThaDriver

>I washed and waxed my 2003 GLI today. Then I used Rain-X Glass Wipes
>on the outside glass. Imo, the Wipes do a very good job of improving
>water shedding. I would like to use a good glass treatment on the
>inside, too, but I have not looked for any. I don't smoke, but some
>kind of film builds up on the inside glass. Can anyone tell me what a
>good inside window cleaner is, or will I be using a generic Windex
>again?

*******
Windex with vinegar & newspaper - should give you a *very* clean window.
(& no lint:^)
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old January 2nd 05, 07:43 AM
ThaDriver

*******

Old January 2nd 05, 02:47 PM
Simplstupd

We all know cleaning the inside of the windshield is not an easy task. Windex
makes it hard. What you need is a good glass cleaner like Invisible Glass, put
out by a co. named Stoner.

I have used it on my 2 vehicles and not only is easy to use-spray on wipe off
with paper towel-but it works extremely well. It worked so well the first time
I tried it I wound up doing every single piece of glass on all my vehicles and
both sides.

Autozone sells this product and other Stoner products(tire shine etc)