Life expectancy of a rainbow shark

Old March 3rd 04, 10:04 PM
Vicki S

Default Life expectancy of a rainbow shark

This morning we woke up to find our rainbow shark belly up in the tank.
To say the least my daughter was heartbroken. It was her favorite fish
and the dog even loved to watch him swim around the tank. Yesterday he
was not acting like normal and instead of being active, was a bit
lethargic. Now those of you who know me know I follow a strict water
change schedule and take pride in my tanks so it was not a water quality
issue. The shark was a good 6in long and we had him for several years,
but I don't know how old he was when we got him. How long do they
normally live?

Thanks,
Vicki

Old March 4th 04, 12:51 AM
Dinky

"Vicki S" wrote in message
had him for several years,
but I don't know how old he was when we got him. How long do they
normally live?

Thanks,
Vicki

Four to ten years, reportedly. Sounds like he may have just been old. My
favorite fish, my small school of tiger barbs is beginning to die off. It's
horrible, I was rather attached to them I've realized.

--

billy

Old March 4th 04, 07:40 AM
Vicki

"Dinky" wrote in message hlink.net...
"Vicki S" wrote in message
had him for several years,
but I don't know how old he was when we got him. How long do they
normally live?

Thanks,
Vicki

Four to ten years, reportedly. Sounds like he may have just been old. My
favorite fish, my small school of tiger barbs is beginning to die off. It's
horrible, I was rather attached to them I've realized.

--

billy

Thanks Billy, That was what I was thinking but needed a little
confirmation. It can be so hard telling your kids that these things
sometimes happen.

Vicki
Old March 5th 04, 03:15 AM
NetMax

"Vicki" wrote in message
om...
"Dinky" wrote in message

hlink.net...
"Vicki S" wrote in message
had him for several years,
but I don't know how old he was when we got him. How long do they
normally live?

Thanks,
Vicki

Four to ten years, reportedly. Sounds like he may have just been old.

My
favorite fish, my small school of tiger barbs is beginning to die

off. It's
horrible, I was rather attached to them I've realized.

--

billy

Thanks Billy, That was what I was thinking but needed a little
confirmation. It can be so hard telling your kids that these things
sometimes happen.

Vicki

Is there a better indicator of professional competence than having your
fish die of old age? However, when it does happen, these people are
usually still quite surprised, and immediately start researching possible
causes and testing their water ;~). After several years, they _are_
part of the family.

NetMax

Old March 5th 04, 02:06 PM
Vicki

"NetMax" wrote in message ...
"Vicki" wrote in message
om...
"Dinky" wrote in message

hlink.net...
"Vicki S" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks NetMax for your responce, My fish tanks are my pride and joy
these days. Still it is not easy to loose a friend who would clean my
hand every time I stuck it in the tank to do my weekly cleanings. He
was also the only fish who would play with the dog. It was funny to
watch him get close to the glass as if to say to the dog "Nanny,
nanny, boo, boo, you can't get me!" After all the years of keeping
fish and loosing a few, this one hurt the most.

Vicki

Compact Life Expectancy CURTIS HOOD Reefs 5 February 6th 04 12:26 AM
FA: $1 Fossils For Use In Aquariums - Fish Fossils / Dinosaur Teeth / Shark Teeth Disgo Marketplace 0 January 22nd 04 04:54 PM
Rainbow Fish Help! Joseph General 0 December 12th 03 10:02 PM
FA: FOSSILS FOR AQUARIUMS -Fish Fossils, Plant Fossils, Dinosaur & Shark Teeth Disgo Marketplace 0 December 12th 03 04:29 PM
What is the life expectancy of glowlight tetras ? Mr.Nice. General 1 August 6th 03 01:59 PM