platy poop

Old February 18th 05, 06:25 PM
humBill

Default platy poop

Hi all - This is the first time I have had platys and frequently they seem
to have quite a long little poop trail. Is this normal for them or does it
just mean I need to vary their diet more?
Thanxx
Bill

Old February 19th 05, 12:58 AM
Tom Randy

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:25:01 +0000, humBill wrote:

Hi all - This is the first time I have had platys and frequently they seem
to have quite a long little poop trail. Is this normal for them or does
it just mean I need to vary their diet more? Thanxx
Bill

Mine has those as well, it seems normal to me. Don't worry about it. I
feed mine flakes and freeze dried brine shrimp. They love both.

Looks wierd tough!

Tom

Old February 19th 05, 04:56 AM
Robert Flory

"Tom Randy" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:25:01 +0000, humBill wrote:

Hi all - This is the first time I have had platys and frequently they
seem
to have quite a long little poop trail. Is this normal for them or does
it just mean I need to vary their diet more? Thanxx
Bill

Mine has those as well, it seems normal to me. Don't worry about it. I
feed mine flakes and freeze dried brine shrimp. They love both.

Looks wierd tough!

Tom

Daphnia, brine shrimp anything with a lot of indigestible carapace and
exoskeleton material will do it big time. They if there is an excess of
food they tend to pig out ..... Then there was my big common pleco that
beat the platys hands down ;-)

bob

Old February 19th 05, 07:31 AM
Mary Burns

"humBill" wrote in message
. com...
Hi all - This is the first time I have had platys and frequently they seem
to have quite a long little poop trail. Is this normal for them or does
it just mean I need to vary their diet more?
Thanxx
Bill

Long poop from platies is improved by varying their food with live/frozen
brine/bloodworm etc. Their poop breaks away much quicker than if they have
flake too much.

Old February 20th 05, 02:47 AM
C+J Tondreau

"humBill" wrote in message
. com...
Hi all - This is the first time I have had platys and frequently they seem
to have quite a long little poop trail. Is this normal for them or does

it
just mean I need to vary their diet more?
Thanxx
Bill

My platies are always trailing big strings of poop behind them.... even the
babies do. Mine eat flake food & frozen brine shrimp. It seems to be a
trait of theirs for sure!

Jacqui

Platy Pre-labour/birth signs? Aquarijen General 4 September 30th 04 06:11 PM
Young Platy Dave S General 2 February 28th 04 05:51 PM
Snail poop - my goodness Geezer From The Freezer Goldfish 1 November 11th 03 03:52 AM
Platy Problem Erik Soballe General 3 November 9th 03 08:15 AM
fish poop Jacqui Cook Goldfish 2 October 6th 03 03:15 PM