GoldFish always hungry

Old December 9th 03, 07:46 PM
Kevin Nguyen

Default GoldFish always hungry

I have large fishbow with 8 goldfishs, I feed them twice a day. Anytimes I
pass by, they seem like hungry again.
How many times a day I can feed them ?

TIA

/KN

Old December 9th 03, 07:57 PM
Magic menagerie

You need a really LARGE fishbowl with 8 goldfish! Like about 80-100 gallons!

Fish only need feeding a couple of times (2-3) a day. Don't feed them more
than they can eat in 2 minutes.

They have very short memories and will THINK they need more food, but they
don't... ; )
Old December 9th 03, 09:44 PM
Kodiak

Dear Sir,
Unless you have a Huge Goldfish Bowl (ie: 35 gallons)
or your goldfish are very very small 0.5" your goldfish will
surely die. Your gonna have to do at least 50% water change
everyday. You need to age the water 48 hours in a seperate
container and make sure it is the same temperature as the water
in the bowl before you change the water. I would not feed more
than once a day otherwise the water will get worst. Even if they look
hungry, Goldfish always look starved, they are big fakers, don't fall
for it. Do you have a filtration system in the bowl and is it fully cycled
(I'm afraid to ask). I would also recommend you bring some fish back
to the store or get at least a 33gallon aquarium.
....Kodiak

Old December 10th 03, 12:10 AM
GiveMeABMW

Perhaps he/she means a bowed tank? Y'know, with a curved front.

I'll hope that's the case.
Old December 10th 03, 12:14 AM
GiveMeABMW

And besides - my fish ALWAYS seem hungry. Whenever I (or anyone, really) go by
the tank, they cluster together and beg for food. The only time they don't beg
is when they're actually eating. I think it's a goldfish thing.
Old December 10th 03, 05:38 AM

"GiveMeABMW" wrote in message
And besides - my fish ALWAYS seem hungry. Whenever I (or anyone, really)

go by
the tank, they cluster together and beg for food. The only time they don't

beg
is when they're actually eating. I think it's a goldfish thing.

Nah, my Koi and Oscars do the same thing... Damn I am going to miss my
mooches... I have found a LFS to purchase the majority of my stock..
Including my favorite starving/begging Koi... (pouts)...

Timmer... Looking forward to setting up my tanks once again... ( I have yet
to take them down though )...

Old December 10th 03, 09:50 AM
Geezer From Freezer

Magic menagerie wrote:
They have very short memories and will THINK they need more food, but they
don't... ; )

Pure myth about the memories!
Old December 10th 03, 09:51 AM
Geezer From Freezer

Old December 10th 03, 09:51 AM
Geezer From Freezer

Old December 10th 03, 03:45 PM
GiveMeABMW

Magic menagerie wrote:
They have very short memories and will THINK they need more food, but they
don't... ; )

Pure myth about the memories!

So goldfish have long memories?

When my fantail was smaller he once got sucked up my gravel vacuum (he's fine).
Now when I clean the tank he stays as far away as he can from it, though he
probably wouldn't fit inside anymore. Don't know if that means he remembers,
but it's possible....

Goldfish dead (not a newbie!) Keith General 10 January 3rd 04 10:38 PM
Goldfish v Goldfish? Zoony Goldfish 3 November 27th 03 05:42 PM
Rescued some goldfish from certain death Susan Goldfish 5 August 6th 03 05:51 AM
Guppies and mollies ok with goldfish? Captain Jean-Luc Picard Goldfish 1 July 18th 03 06:35 PM
What did I do wrong ? (thinking about tying again with goldfish) Captain Jean-Luc Picard Goldfish 0 July 16th 03 07:21 PM